Monday, March 16, 2015

Transition


Well I spent awhile yesterday doing a new post and somehow I posted an old one and deleted the new one!  Arrrggghhh!!!  So here we go again.  I'll start off by talking about my "just ok" season.  My first race of the year was the Quad Rock 50.  Great race that Nick Clark puts on.  I peaked a little early at this race and broke the record and won against some awesome competition.  That was the best race of my life.  Next was the Bighorn 100 of which I did 50.  I had stomach issues along with family stuff that was going on.  Not my race.  Next it was Speedgoat 50k put on by Karl Meltzer.  I've done this race several times and done well.  This time it was ok and I placed top ten still.  Since we were in the middle of moving up to Bozeman I decided to do Hurl Elkhart 50 outside of Helena in August.  I won and almost got hit by lightning and ran into a badger.  Yikes!!!  But it was an awesome and rugged race.  A lot of the time we followed game trail.  The elk and other animals I guess like to take the ribbon, so the race director used pink duct tape!:)  The last race was Steamboat Springs 100 of which I ran 38.  Excuses excuses here.  My neck had been strained while either lifting at the gym or moving boxes.  Who knows.  My head wasn't in it and I had issues with eating.  I couldn't wear a pack and carried 2 bottles and just didn't stop to eat.

So after the race I took time off from running and worked out at Fuel Fitness gym in Bozeman.  We officially became residents of Montana September 2nd, the day school started for the kids.  Many of you know I have taught classes for a long time at various gyms in WY.  I love to teach hard bootcamps and was asked to teach a couple times a week.  I lovvvveee to make people sweat!  

I also got back into skate skiing and did a couple races.  I placed well and enjoyed getting back to my first endurance sport.  I started to train again for running in January.  I still lift and do the step mill a lot.  That machine is torture but it gets you in shape quick for the uphills.  I truly believe in mixing it up when training.  Cross training has so many benefits.  Saves your joints a little longer for one thing and for me it keeps running fresh and new.

So skies are put away now and I have dove right into downhill training at the M in Bozeman.  Ran for 4 hours and tested the quads out.  Well hamstrings are great but it still hurts to walk from Friday.  Quads are soar to the touch!!!  Love it!

So sorry about the previous post on FB!  I thought I did the right one!  I'll be updating a lot more now, so check back!!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment