Monday, April 14, 2014

Very busy lately!  Just bought a new house that will be done August 28th in Bozeman.  School starts September 2nd for the kids, so I decided to switch my last race from Wasatch 100 to RRR 100.  First race is coming up quickly.  Very little dirt training but thats how it goes till end of May.  I feel good and am excited to go to my friend Nick Clark's race May 9th.  He does an awesome job and he even has a race for the kids.  Race is the Quad Rock50 or 25 mile.  I think its full but you can check it out gnarrunners.com

A lot of you have asked about my shoes lately.  Altra Running Company has a very informative website and goes into detail on their shoes and describes zero drop.  Go to  altrarunning.com.  They also have an athletes link that tells you about some of us on the team.  I absolutely love the Olympus running shoe!!!!  It feels so natural to run in them.  Super cushy and comfy!!!  Bruce at Mountain Sports will be carrying them soon.  Feel free to ask any questions on the shoes!

Quick note on training.  I have helped my friend Amanda in her training for Bighorn coming up.  She is doing the 30k.  We all have our own way of training but thought I'd give you an example of my training regimen.

Monday is normally an easy day of 7 miles running.  I do a leg workout and 10 minutes abs.
Tuesday is an interval day, either on hills, or on the step mill.  I go for an hour to an hour and a half.
           Repeats of 1-3 minutes with half time off.  Usually I repeat 10X2min and rest 2min, then do it   
           again.  I also do an arm workout and 10 minutes abs.
Wednesday is my mid long run, 2-3hours, with one mile 10k effort and half mile easy repeating this.
             Or I do a pyramid, 10min on 5 off, 15min on 5 off, 20min on 10off, and repeat back down.
             10 min abs
Thursday is longer interval day.  There is a long hill here in town and it takes about 5:30 up and down 
             it.  So I do 10 or so repeats, with 1:30 off between.  This ends up being about an hour to an 
             hour and a half.  Leg day again, and abs.
Friday is my long day of up to 6 hours or so.  Drop kids off at school and go.
Saturday is my back to back day of 2-3 hours cross training.
Sunday is off.

I do feel cross training is very beneficial!  So I will mix it up with the step mill and some rowing.
Also yoga 4 times a week.  

Hope this helps and if you have questions don't hesitate to ask.  

Here are some pictures from the last 2 weeks of running.  Snow is melting quick thank goodness!  We need some dirt!
East End Road

Crimson Dawn Road

Muddy Mountain

Muddy shoes:)

Bridle Trail Falls


Crimson Dawn Road one week later



Muddy Mtn one week later

view from mountain to Casper

  



No comments:

Post a Comment